There are a number of regulatory and legal requirements for foreign investments in India and by Indians. Hariani & Co.
advises overseas and domestic companies on such issues, including on entry strategies into India, and outbound and inbound
cross-border transactions. The firm provides a wide range of services relating to the structuring, establishment and
operation of public and private companies in India. The firm also advises international companies on government policies
on foreign investment in various sectors.
The firm's experience in this practice area includes:
- Advising on joint ventures, and technical and other collaborations in India
- Liaising with various government bodies such as the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and the Department of Industrial Policy
& Promotion (DIPP), Ministry of Commerce on regulatory matters
- Advising clients with respect to government regulations and procedures such as the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA)
and regulations and foreign direct investment (FDI) regulations
- Assisting clients to obtain FDI approvals from the concerned authorities
- Assisting clients to acquire, lease and transfer property in India
- Assisting clients with setting up of branches, liaison offices, project offices and site offices
- Advising clients on government contracts, transfer of technology and licensing, repatriation etc.
- Advising Indian clients with respect to investments, including property investments, outside the country
- Assisting Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) with property investments in India